If you love trekking, then you have come to the right place. I am thrilled to introduce you to an exciting trekking destination that is sure to leave you mesmerized – Rajgir Trekking Tour. This picturesque town located in the state of Bihar is a hidden gem that promises to take your breath away with its natural beauty and tranquil surroundings. We have put together this comprehensive guide to help you plan your trip to Rajgir and make the most of your trekking adventure.
Rajgir is a quaint town nestled in the foothills of the picturesque Rajgir Hills. It is located around 100 km from the state capital, Patna, and is easily accessible by road. The town is renowned for its hot springs, serene atmosphere, and ancient Buddhist and Jain temples. The Rajgir Hills are ideal for trekking, offering a perfect blend of natural beauty and adventure.
5 Days Rajgir itinerary
- Arrive in Rajgir and check in to your hotel.
- Visit the Rajgir Hot Springs and take a dip in the healing waters.
- Explore the ancient city of Rajgir, including the Rajgir Fort, Bimbisara’s Jail, and the Cyclopean Wall.
- Enjoy a local dinner before retiring to your hotel.
- Start your trek early in the morning after breakfast.
- Trek to Ratnagiri Hill and explore the ancient ruins and temples along the way.
- Continue to Vulture Peak, where Lord Buddha used to preach his sermons and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding hills.
- Have a packed lunch along the way.
- Return to your hotel in the evening and relax.
- Trek to the Gridhakuta Hill, also known as the Vulture’s Peak, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding hills.
- Explore the Nalanda University ruins and the ancient monasteries and temples in the area.
- Have a packed lunch along the way.
- Return to your hotel in the evening and enjoy a local dinner.
- Trek to the Jarasandha Ka Akhara, an ancient wrestling arena, and learn about the history and culture of the region.
- Visit the Ajatshatru Fort and the Maniyar Math before returning to your hotel.
- Have a farewell dinner and say goodbye to the beautiful city of Rajgir.
- Check out from your hotel and depart from Rajgir.
This itinerary is just a sample, and you can customize it based on your preferences and the duration of your trip. Don’t forget to carry essential items like comfortable trekking shoes, warm clothing, raincoat or umbrella, sunscreen lotion and hat, water bottle, energy bars, and first-aid kit. Happy trekking!
Trekking Trails in Rajgir
Trekking Trails in Rajgir. Rajgir offers a variety of trekking trails that are suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers. The most popular trekking trails in the area are:
- Rajgir to Ratnagiri to Vulture Peak Trail – This trail is a moderate-level trek that takes you through the ancient city of Rajgir to the Ratnagiri hills, where you can see the ruins of ancient monasteries and temples. From there, you can continue to Vulture Peak, where Lord Buddha used to preach his sermons.
- Rajgir to Gridhakuta Trail – This is an easy-level trek that takes you to the Gridhakuta hills, which is also known as the Vulture’s Peak. This trail offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and the ancient city of Rajgir.
- Rajgir to Jarasandha Ka Akhara Trail – This is a moderate-level trek that takes you to the Jarasandha Ka Akhara, which is an ancient wrestling arena. This trail offers a glimpse into the history and culture of the region.
Things to Carry for Trekking in Rajgir
Trekking in Rajgir requires some essential items to be carried along. These items include:
- Comfortable trekking shoes
- Warm clothing
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Sunscreen lotion and hat
- Water bottles and energy bars
- First-aid kit
Best Time to Visit Rajgir
The best time to visit Rajgir is between the months of October and March when the weather is pleasant and ideal for trekking. The monsoon season, which lasts from June to September, should be avoided as the trails can become slippery and treacherous.
Accommodation in Rajgir
Rajgir offers a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets. From budget-friendly guesthouses to luxurious resorts, there is something for everyone. Some of the popular accommodation options in Rajgir include the Hotel Siddharth, the Indo Hokke Hotel, and the Rajgir Residency.
Rajgir is a beautiful town that offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, adventure, and spirituality. The town’s serene atmosphere and ancient temples are sure to leave you mesmerized, while the trekking trails offer an opportunity to explore the stunning Rajgir Hills. Whether you are a seasoned trekker or a first-time visitor, Rajgir is a destination that should not be missed. So pack your bags and embark on an adventure of a lifetime in Rajgir!