How to Change Gmail Password
If you want to know “how to change Gmail password?” Here in this post, we are going to learn how we can do this from our smartphone? You want to change your password this may be due to any reason especially security reasons. But this is a good idea to change your e-mail password on a regular basis. This process is not lengthy, you just need to follow some easy steps.
To change the Gmail password you must be logged-in your google account in which you want to change your password.
Follow the below-given steps-
Change Gmail Password on Smartphone
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Now open your phone’s settings.
- Click on Google, if you are using stock Andriod, this will be the second last option.
- Now click on “Manage your Google Account” below your profile name.
- Here you have to open “password info”
- Now look for the password(you may need to verify your identity, to do this enter your existing password).
Now you can set your new password. Once the password is changed, it will be applied to each and every Google Account.
You may need to sign-in again everywhere, instead of your smartphone.
Change Gmail Password on desktop.
To do this just follow the given steps-
- Open your Google Account on Desktop and log-in to your account.
- Open Google Account Page.
- On the right-hand side of the browser you will see security option click on that.
- Here on the security page, you have to look for the “sign-in to Google” option. Click and Open
- Now click on password.
- Now follow the same steps you followed on your smartphone to change the password.
Congrats, Now you have successfully changed your Google Password or Gmail password.
Advance Password Tips
Always make sure to keep the password strong, never use a password like DOB, name, mobile number, anniversary date or something like this, because they can be guessed very easily. For strong password, you can use given tips.
- Your password should be strong.
- You can use a stupid phrase.
- Passwords must include- numbers, symbols, UPPERCASE, and lowercase letters.
- Never use personal info. Mentioned above.
- Never reuse a password.
- Never use same password on multiple accounts.
- Use Password Manager.
- Never share your password and OTP.
- Regularly change your password.
By using the above-given tips you can make yourself extra-safe but not completely safe.
For more info like this make sure to subscribe to our push-notification.